Reception in the U.S. to honor ITF`s 15th Anniversary
On May 13, 2013 Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Washington hosted a reception in honor of ITF`s 15th Anniversary. The reception was attended by representatives of ITF`s main partners situated in the United States as well as respectful representatives of U.S. Congress and U.S. Department of State.
The purpose of the reception was also to convey a special appreciation awards to the main and long-time supporters of the ITF from United States, who enabled ITF to become in last 15 years one of the leading organizations devoted to the elimination of threat from post-conflict and disruptive challenges, including landmines, explosive remnants of war (ERW) and the illicit ownership and use of small arms and light weapons (SALW), in South-East Europe and other affected regions in the world.
A special appreciation awards were conveyed to:
- Donald F. Patierno, Former Director of U.S. Department of State's Humanitarian Demining Programs
- James F. Lawrence, Former Director of U.S. Department of State's Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement
- James L. Oberstar, Former Member of U.S. House of Representatives
- Mark Kirk, the Honorable U.S. Senator
- Mark W. Adams, Director of Interagency MANPADS Task Force and Senior Advisor of U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction Program at U.S. Department of State's Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement
- Roman Kirn, Slovenian Ambassador to the U.S.
- Tom Harkin, the Honorable U.S. Senator
- U.S. Department of State's Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement