ITF visits the United States of America and Canada
From 16 March to 20 March 2015 ITF Enhancing Human Security held a number of meetings with relevant state actors and academia in the United States of America and Canada with the purpose to strengthen cooperation and promote ITF activities in reducing threats to human security from mines and explosive remnants of war, as well as in facilitating safe and long-term development in the conflict-affected communities.
Below the visits that had been held according to the agenda:
- Organization of American States,
- World Bank,
- U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Political Military Affairs, Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement,
- US Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance,
- United States House of Representatives,
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Social Sciences,
- Canadian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development, round table with various directors and representatives of relevant directorates and sectors at the ministry.
In sum, the talks have been very constructive. There has been great interest and a positive perspective expressed on continued support of ITF activities from all afore mentioned relevant stakeholders, especially as far as disruptive conflict and post-conflict issues in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine, and Colombia are concerned.